The overarching philosophy of the programme is that it will be
'operationally useful'. Participants will, therefore, leave the
programme equipped with:
- A wide range of skills and powerful techniques designed to help
them directly in their day-to-day roles.
- New insights into the broader workings of the global economy,
its major state and multilateral players, and the latest
developments in the regulatory field.
- A deeper understanding of the common challenges faced by small
states and the resources available to solve them.
- A broader perspective of what is involved in effecting change
in political environments.
- Insights, recommendations, and specific measures to address a
particular challenge that their government's financial sector
- The skills and strategic understanding to become better
negotiators within their own government and with external
- Strong bonds with fellow delegates. The scope, duration, and
intensity of the programme provides participants with an invaluable
network of peers in other countries which enables them to forge
powerful networks of information and influence, now and in the
Find out which small countries have previously participated in the SCFMC programme.